Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Can't Cry Hard Enough

I'm gonna live my life
Like every day's the last
Without a simple goodbye
It all goes by so fast

And now that you've gone
I can't cry hard enough
No, I can't cry hard enough
For you to hear me now

Gonna open my eyes
And see for the first time
I let go of you like
A child letting go of his kite...


Lately, I’ve been dreaming a lot about my dad - three straight days. His image is as clear and vivid as when he was still alive.

My relationship with my Dad was the one that most daughters would envy. When I had my first crush, when I cut my classes for the first time, when I didn’t get a perfect score in an exam when I was in kindergarten – I went straight to him. Not to my Mom because I know she would nag about it endlessly but always to my Dad because I know he would understand. He would even tell me about his own personal experiences. At the end of each of our conversations, I would always feel better.

All those times I was hurt (I always scrape my knee as a child), all those times my mom spanked me and all other times when I felt I needed my Dad – I just cry and wail like a banshee and he would be there. He would always make the pain stop.

Now, I can cry all I want and scream as loud as I can but I know it would never be the same.

I miss my Dad terribly.

It’s been 12 years since he died but there are times when I feel like I’m still the 10 year old girl whose been told that her Dad is dead.

The pain never stopped.

The longing never ceased.

But, love goes on.

And so does life.

9 comments:

Miss Elle said...

aww. that almost made me cry. not really into emotional thingy sis but when it comes to dads talaga... *sigh*

you're right... life goes on. and he's just there - proud of you. :)

PRUE HALLIWEL :: OBSERVER OF LIFE said...

now i miss my dad...

i know how it feels... cancer took my dad from us 3 years ago... but we all prepared ourself for it...

it was still painful but i learned to continue my relationship with him... even when he's already up there...

and i know, my dad still laughs with me... still holds my hand... still hears me out and 'sermons' me when i go wrong... he lives in my heart... like i really talk to him... sometimes i feel m nuts... hahaha!

my dad is just like your dad... one of the best... unlike other dads to gay sons, my dad never made me feel he was ever shamed by me... in public, he'd hold my hand... showing to everyone how proud he is of me...

darn! now i feel like sobbing... hehehe! nah... sweet memories linger... and it deserves a smile.

P.S.

i am sure your dad looks over you and that you will always be his baby...

things&thongs said...

Yea, kahit sandali lang yung time namin na magkasama - I can't ask for a better relationship with my Dad.

Thanks sis Elle and Prue.

Cheers to Daddy's girls!

_ice_ said...

my dad died last 2003 a week after kami nagkabati, cguro sobrang tagal na may grudge ako sa kanya nung nagkaayos kami a week after namatay sya kaya nagi-guilty ako..

pasyal ka sa blog ko..
try to listen dance with my father meron ako hanapin mo lnag ang ganda ng song na yon...

have a great day ahead

Anonymous said...

mahirap mawalan ng ama. naalala ko tuloy si papa... haiz.

Kodak Picturezzz said...

I wanted to say something really nice about the poem.

But the emotion of what you wrote caught me and I will stop here.

Anonymous said...

so sweet. be strong dear.

things&thongs said...

Thanks guys! Seeing your comments make me feel better. I just can't help but think about it every now and then.

I'm looking for that song. Thanks Ice!

Ikaw din Makoy? Mahirap talaga : (

Those are actually lyrics of a song - Can't Cry Hard Enough forgot who sang that. Thanks Retro!

Thanks PrinsesaMusang. Yeah, every struggle makes us stronger!

Cheers!

Kodak Picturezzz said...

Ah yes. What I meant was the song, not the poem. :)