Monday, February 23, 2009

The Games People Play

I can't believe that even after almost a decade I still find myself losing on a game of Super Mario, of all things!

I've always been a gamer, even way back when I was in elementary. Remember when internet cafes were non existent and what we had back then were our very own version of a desktop - TV set and consoles like Nintendo and Family Computer (laughs out loud)? There was this place in the next corner of our street renting out Family Computer units for 40/hr. I was probably in Grade 2 then and me and my brother would often ask our Dad for 40 bucks just so we can play. And when our Dad would finally give in, we'd race to the shop and kill each other on who would be the first to play. Then before we knew it, our one hour is up.

Anyway, I won't make this post lengthy. I'm just ranting and now I'm going back to playing Need4Speed Prostreet (which I haven't finished) on my PS2. Gosh, I miss those days when there are only buttons B and A to push.



5 comments:

Ivan Rubio said...

Ah the sweet controllers of family computer...

where the controller 2 only have the damn priviledge of the mic.

We have the same dilemma of renting this nice consoles at your local kanto.. even stole that double dragon and super mario 3.

Making pustahan to finish mario 1 in less than 15 mins.

lol! i was a very bad boy... the days of 80's, new wave, the pogings, one sided comb hair... uber skinny body, payatot!

nag reminisce ako dito ah..

it wakes me up, getting sleepy coding gamer pinoy design and content.. lol.

i love nfs series, i have some car mods in the late prostreet and most wanted. In my digital journal, although not updated na.

_ice_ said...

wahhhh

ako din kahit kelan never ko natapos ang super marion.. hahahaha

musta na? di ka na nag paramdam..

Ivan Rubio said...

Bored ba, maglaro ka na lang ng flash games dito

GP Flash Games

Konti lang pero still improving..

Mario Games soon hehe

thanks for the support, dont forget to smile back to my sites

http://www.gamerpinoy.com

http://www.balitaktakan.com

Mc Donalds Cheeseburger

Ivan Rubio said...

Inviting you all to my new blog, http://www.gamerpinoy.com/mongobread ... Give smile, take smile :) ,Visit always

http://www.gamerpinoy.com/mongobread/

Ivan Rubio said...

Visit balitaktakan.com

for chismis at maiinit na balitaktakan